Wednesday, April 19, 2017

What to do???

Decisions, decisions.........oh, what to do. Remember starting on December 25th I started spinning the Inglenook Fibers 12 Days of Christmas fiber?  Then I finished it up by plying it with rayon embroidery thread? Well, I loved the look of the resulting handspun but it was laceweight and I started many a shawl only to rip them out, I just didn't like the look and was kicking myself for not originally spinning fingering weight yarn. So, last week I Navajo plied it - a risk since I'd be putting more twist in it but it worked out ok. I started the Pretty Basic Shawl pattern the other evening. Now the issue. I'm using size 6 needles but am now wondering if I should have used size 7 or even 8. It's not a big deal to rip it out because it knits quickly. I tried stretching it out to see how it might look after blocking and still can't decide.........decisions, decisions............ 

7 comments:

  1. Its pretty! Especially that pop of lavender. It looks like a shawl pattern I'm making... the Coffee Shop Wrap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Pretty Basic Shawl pattern available on Ravelry for free.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I went up two sizes of needles to an 8 and am very happy with how much less dense it is. It was pretty before but would have ended up too heavy feeling. I'm almost to the point of where it was this morning before ripping out......it's quick knitting

      Delete
  3. The color shifting is beautiful. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you pull from the other end and swatch? You might find the 7s will be perfect, but then again, it might be too loose. Swatching will save time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that idea - I will save it for the future. Size 8's worked out great.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!