Wednesday, September 6, 2017

 Today I spent a bit of time at the sewing machine appliqueing panels onto denim and sewing up some small totes. These are a community sew project for our neighborhood chapter of the American Sewing Guild. We'll be donating these cute little bags to our local Head Start program.
The bags will be filled with assorted items for the kiddos.  I think I'll make a few more as my contribution.......then I'll move on to a new project. I came up with a 'process' to streamline making these and can get them sewn fairly quickly now.

Air quality index is at 377 at the moment, hazardous.  Some spots in our region are getting thunderstorms, mostly thunder & dry lightning (yikes more fire starts!) but a few areas are getting some rain too..........we're getting nothing so far. I haven't been able to see the infrared pix of the fires close to us for the past few days, too much smoke for the planes to fly over.  I hate fire season.......



2 comments:

  1. What cute bags, and what a nice community project. Sorry your air quality is still so bad--hope your fire season ends sooner rather than later!

    I'm hoping Irma moves a bit more east and doesn't cause horrible problems for those of us in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bags are adorable! So nice that you continue to donate your time, talents, and materials.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!