Tuesday, September 5, 2017

This says it all..........


This says it all - just too much smoke here.......it's overwhelming, even inside with the A/C running we smell the smoke.........it's gross. I think I heard earlier on the news that it was something like day 17 of smoke. No end in sight..........it will most probably be with us until the fall rains start which will probably not be until sometime in October. Thunderstorms are on the way, unfortunately they will contain no to very little spotty rain which means more dry lightning to start new fires.  I've been trying to stay inside but even for the short periods of time I'm out I think I'm going to have to resort to wearing a mask.

I am so done with fire season and the extreme summer heat.........but unfortunately it's not done with us. I'm beginning to wonder what it is I love so much about the Pacific Northwest.......

Update - in the time it took me to write this post the count went up to 365 - argh

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it helps, but this next round of storms looks to be picking up monsoonal moisture and there will be some talk of flash flooding.....If we gotta have lightening at least lets have pouring rain....please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that really happens - was just watching the forecast and for over here it looks questionable to how much, if any, rain we'll see........keeping my fingers crossed that rain falls on many fires in the region.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!